Inversion tables are padded tables to which people can strap themselves and get into a totally or partially inverted position by flipping over the table.
The inversion table therapy is known to relieve the pressure on the spine through a lumbar traction effect. It releases stress on the spinal column, discs, nerve roots and ligaments. It thus provides relief from back ache that arises from ageing, continuous sitting or standing. Inversion tables are used for improving flexibility and posture, even by athletes.
Numerous brands and models of inversion tables are available in the market. A few of these are more popular owing to their features and high quality.
Ironman Gravity 1000 Inversion Table
- Helps in reducing back stress and stimulating blood flow
- Sturdy built with a tubular frame made of durable steel
- Back rest made of tough nylon
- Powder coat finish
- Supports user weight up to 300 pounds
- Anti-skid rubber floor stabilizers for comfortable upside down inversion
- Ergonomically moulded ankle cushions
- Machine dimensions – 25 * 62 * 49 inches(WHD)
- Weight – 46 pounds
The Ironman Gravity1000 inversion table is very easy to use and has the endurance and strong engineering stamp of Ironman Fitness products. User can rest his or her body on the nylon backrest and lift the arms over the head. Now the table slowly assumes an inverted position.
Gravity 1000 can be left to stand at any comfortable angle and can go up to 90 degrees. There are extra-long safety handles to return to normal position easily. The height adjustable frame is useful to accommodate short or tall persons. The spring loaded ankle lock provides total safety while vinyl side covers protect the hands.
Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Therapy Table
- Reduces back pain, improves posture, elongates spine and relieves spinal pressure
- Flex technology back rest gives better mobility and range of motion
- A two settings, adjustable foot platform
- EZ angle tether strap and adjustable pillow
- Takes 300 pounds user weight, 6’6″ user height
- Includes an instructional DVD and 5 year warranty
EP-550 from Teeter Hang Ups uses flex technology to provide a bendable backrest which accommodates the user stretches. The adjustable foot platform allows users to find an optimum position for their safety and ankle comfort in the inverted position.
The tether strap gives preset angles at 20, 40 and 60 degrees besides custom angles to go with various inverted positions. User can get maximum comfort with the adjustable head pillow and can use the instructional DVD to gain effective results.
Body Champ IT8070 Inversion Therapy Table
- Elongates spine and relaxes back muscles
- Spring loaded pull-pin for easy ankle adjustments
- Capacity – 250 pounds user weight, 4’7″ to 6’8″ user height
- Deluxe dual pin adjustment
- Safety straps and safety locks for controlling inversion angles
The IT8070 from Body Max has an easily adjustable dual pin system, making it simple to use. The inversion table has four high density foam rollers to cushion ankles. U shaped handles provide additional security. The product is foldable for easy storage and a safety lock keeps the table in place when not in use.
Users can compare inversion table features, learn about the benefits and find out if it is suitable to their health condition before deciding on the brand and model to procure.